COMPRESSION MOLDING PROCESS
COMPRESSION MOLDING SERVICES
COMPRESSION MOLDING APPLICATIONS
Compression molding parts are suitable for almost all industries. They can not only meet the size standards of complex structures, but also apply to high-temperature components, and meet the corrosion resistance of fuel, chemical, natural gas and other industries, as well as the resistance of equipment operation and mechanical parts. Grinding performance. Mulan Group has focused on the R&D and manufacturing of compression molding parts for more than 10 years, and has continuously accumulated manufacturing experience and expertise. Including: daily necessities such as silicone cleaning brush, tap descaling ball, headwear and so on.
EXCELLENT COMPRESSION MOLDS MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY
ADVANTAGES OF COMPRESSION MOLDING
Compression molding composite parts can often replace the application of metal parts, provide similar strength and mechanical properties, and have the characteristics of light weight, corrosion resistance, insulation, etc., and can reduce the complex shape created by secondary processing.
It is worth mentioning that compression molding parts can also be used to increase product inserts or ribs through insert molding, without the cost of secondary processing, and one compression part can replace multiple complex components.
● Manufacturing Of Cost-Effective Parts.
● The Mold Is Simple And The Cost Is Low.
● Multi-Cavity Molds Can Be Made To Increase Efficiency.
● There Are No Traces Of Thimble And Plastic Inlet.
● Suitable For Most Thermosetting Materials.
● Rugged Parts.
● Design Flexibility Is High.
● Less Material Waste
● Performance And Strength Can Replace Metal Parts
COMPRESSION MOLDING MATERIAL SOLUTIONS
Compression molding can choose a variety of material models of thermosetting plastics and thermoplastics, their prices and performance are different, used in different application environments and functionality.
● Bulk Molding Compound (BMC)
● Sheet Molding Compound (SMC)
● Diallyl Phthalate (DAP)
● Thermoset Polyester
● Shoddy Pad
● RUS Underbodies
WHAT IS COMPRESSION MOLDING ?
WHAT ARE ADVANTAGES OF COMPRESSION MOLDING?
● The loss of raw materials is small and will not cause too much loss (usually 2% to 5% of the product quality).
● The internal stress of the product is very low, and the warpage deformation is also very small, and the mechanical properties are relatively stable.
● The wear of the mold cavity is small, and the maintenance cost of the mold is low.
● The cost of molding equipment is low, and the mold structure is simpler, and the manufacturing cost is usually lower than that of injection molds or transfer molding molds.
● Larger flat products can be formed. The size of the products that can be formed by molding is only determined by the clamping force of the existing molding press and the size of the template.
● The shrinkage of the product is small and the repeatability is good.
● A mold with a large number of cavities can be placed on a given template, and the productivity is high. ● It can be adapted to automatic feeding and automatic removal of products.
● High production efficiency, easy to realize specialized and automated production.
● The product has high dimensional accuracy and good repeatability.
● The surface is smooth and clean without secondary modification.
● Products with complex structures can be formed at one time.
● Mass production, relatively low price.
WHY DO WE USE COMPRESSION MOULDING?
WHAT ARE THE DISADVANTAGES OF COMPRESSION MOULDING
● The molding cycle in the entire production process is long, the efficiency is low, and the staff has a large physical consumption.
● It is not suitable for molding complex products with depressions, side slopes or small holes.
● In the production process, it is difficult to completely fill the mold, and there are certain technical requirements.
● After the curing stage is over, different products have different stiffness, which has an impact on product performance.
● For products with high dimensional accuracy requirements (especially for multi-cavity molds), the process is somewhat short.
● The flash of the final product is thicker, and the workload of removing the flash is large.
● The shortcomings of compression molding are that the mold manufacturing is complicated, the investment is relatively large, and coupled with the limitation of the press, it is most suitable for mass production of small and medium composite materials.
Contact Us Today For a Free Quotation
contact one of our in-house experts today for advice on the system best suited to your needs
LEAVE A MESSAGE
Our team is dedicated to making sure all parts you order are delivered on time and meet your quality expectations.