Author: MULAN -Plastic Molding Manufacturer
What is the production process of injection molds? The following plastic mold factory Xingye Xiaobian will introduce to you the five main steps of injection mold production and manufacturing: 1. Plastic product process analysis. Before designing the mold, the designer should fully analyze and study whether the plastic product conforms to the principle of injection molding, and carefully negotiate with the designer to reach a consensus. Including the necessary discussion of the geometric shape, dimensional accuracy and appearance requirements of the product, try to avoid unnecessary complexity in mold manufacturing.
2. Mold structure design. A set of high-quality molds requires not only good processing equipment and skilled mold manufacturing workers, but also good mold design. Especially for complex molds, mold design accounts for more than 80% of mold quality.
Excellent mold design is: under the premise of meeting the requirements of customers, the processing cost is low, the processing difficulty is small, and the processing time is short. To do this, we must not only fully digest the customer's requirements, but also understand the injection molding machine, mold structure, processing technology and mold factory's own processing capabilities. Therefore, in order to improve the level of mold design, the following points should be done: 1. Understand every detail in the design of each set of mold, and understand the purpose of each part of the mold.
2. In the design, refer to the previous similar designs, understand the mold processing and product production conditions, and learn lessons. 3. Learn more about the working process of the injection molding machine, and deepen the relationship between the mold and the injection molding machine. 4. Understand the processing technology, understand the characteristics and limitations of each processing.
5. Understand the mold trial results and mold modification situation of the mold designed by yourself, and learn lessons. 6. Try to use the previous successful mold structure when designing. 7. Learn more about the impact of water entering the mold on the product.
8. Study some special mold structures and understand new mold technologies. 3. Determine the mold material and select standard parts. When selecting mold materials, not only the accuracy and quality of the product must be considered, but also the actual processing and heat treatment capabilities of the mold factory should be considered to make the right choice.
In addition, in order to shorten the manufacturing cycle, existing standard parts are used as much as possible. 4. Parts processing and mold assembly. In addition to better structure and reasonable tolerance fit in the design, part processing and mold assembly are crucial to the precision of the mold.
Therefore, the choice of processing accuracy and processing method occupies an absolute dominant position in mold manufacturing. The dimensional error of the molded product is mainly composed of the following parts: 1. The mold manufacturing error is about 1/3. 2. The error caused by mold wear is about 1/6.
3. The error caused by uneven shrinkage of molded parts is about 1/3. 4. The error caused by the inconsistency between the scheduled shrinkage and the actual shrinkage is about 1/6. Total error = (1) + (2) + (3) + (4) Therefore, in order to reduce mold manufacturing errors, the machining accuracy must be improved first.
With the use of CNC machine tools, this problem has been well controlled. In addition, in order to prevent errors caused by mold wear and deformation, key components such as cavity and core should be quenched when machining molds with high precision requirements and large product output. In medium and large molds, in order to save materials and facilitate processing and heat treatment, the mold design should adopt splicing structure as much as possible.
In order to solve the error caused by the uneven shrinkage of the molded parts and the inconsistency between the scheduled shrinkage and the actual shrinkage, 1/3 of the product tolerance is generally selected as the mold manufacturing tolerance during mold manufacturing. Errors caused by the molding process. 5. Mold trial. From the beginning of design to the completion of assembly, a set of molds can only complete 70% to 80% of all manufacturing processes.
For the error caused by the inconsistency between the scheduled shrinkage and the actual shrinkage, whether the demoulding is smooth, how the cooling effect is, especially the influence of the size, position, and shape of the gate on the accuracy and appearance of the product, it must be tested through mold testing. Therefore, mold testing is an indispensable step to check whether the mold is qualified and to select the molding process. For more information about injection molds, please visit the official website of Xingye: http://www.dgxingyesj.com/.